Tomorrow's workshop will feature two demos as usual - one being making Easter gift baskets and boxes and the other being making Easter cards.
The gift box and basket (below) are both made from the same basic starting point and can be adapted for other occasions. In fact the same technique with a few more tweaks can be used to make a handbag gift bag - handy for Mother's Day.
Die cut circles and ovals will be used as the basis for the Easter Cards, with a chance to try die cutting felt shapes too, for fluffy chicks either on cards or 3D stand up chicks.
Don't forget to bring your "Dec. this Journal" book page projects for judging too - for the chance of free workshop entry.
And the rest of 2014 looks like this, based on your ideas pinned to Pinterest.
- March 26th - Easter cards and gift boxes
- April 30th - Not simply stamping
- May 28th - 3D/Shaped Cards
- June 14th - Ashtead Village Day
- June 25th - Alcohol inks and markers
- July 30th - Powders and Pastels
- August 27th - Heating/melting
- September 24th - How long is a piece of string?
- October 29th - Christmas make your own stamps
- November 12th (Scout Hut) - Christmas origami wreaths and gift boxes/envelopes
- November 26th - Quick Zentangle/doodle Christmas cards
Summer Village Day competition - 3D card challenge - due in before Village Day
End of Year competition - "Dec this Journal" - due in 12th November
Saturday workshops - dates to be arranged